Center for Molecular Cardiology
As Feinberg’s home to physician-scientists and cardiologists working in cardiovascular disease, the Center for Molecular Cardiology (CMC) works to understand and develop novel therapies for conditions such as heart failure and arrhythmias while also focusing on cardiac regeneration and stem cell therapy.
The CMC looks to provide a comprehensive support system for our members and university colleagues. Our goals include:
- Grow and maintain a collaborative environment for cardiac scientists
- Expand the existing core facilities and instruments that are already available to the FCVRI members (such as hypoxic chamber, tissue cultures, qRT-PCR, animal surgery, echocardiography) and provide new additional services, based on the need of the center members
- Develop a training program with opportunities for trainees to do research in cardiovascular disease, and present and publish their work
- Offer formalized mentoring to trainees and junior faculty
- Provide molecular cardiology services to university scientists (e.g., animal heart surgery, echocardiography, and invasive hemodynamic measurement)
- Support members in publication and funding efforts
Learn about our research
Research & Labs
Discover the work being done by our center members.